302 Hope Dr
San Antonio, TX 78228
Summary of Qualifications
- 7 years as a technical writer for a leading 3D software development company
- Professional level knowledge with publishing software including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Captivate and Microsoft Word
- Quick learner and adaptable to different situations and environments
- Microsoft Operations Framework Certified
Operating Systems Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OSX
Publishing Software Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, HTML, Open Text
Animation Software NewTek LightWave 3D, Autodesk Maya, Luxology Modo
Communications Skype, GoToMeeting, ICQ, Thunderbird, Outlook
GDC Technics Port San Antonio, Tx September 2014-Present
Course Developer/Technical Instructor
- Design and develop administrative procedures and policies for Cornerstone On Demand, a learning management system, as senior system administrator.
- Write and edit company newsletters for Oracle and Cornerstone implementations.
- Develop and present training for Cornerstone implementation
- Write and edit procedures and forms for Repair Station Manual, Quality Manual, and Engineering Manual.
- Assist with audit of Repair Station departments regarding AS9100 standards, including interviews, writing reports, and tracking project data.
GE Oil & Gas Schertz, TX February 2014-August 2014
- Research and write procedures for Preservation department for CGC and USLNG projects
- Maintain listing of all parts involved in preservation projects
- Create documentation for Maintenance department
Wells Fargo San Antonio, TX Jul 2013-Dec 2013
Business Process Analyst
- Responsible for reviewing procedures being migrated from one Content Management System to another.
- Administer workload for a team of 10-15 reviewers and mentored contractor technical writers on questions during migration of documents.
- Communicate with Lines of Business in regard to Bankruptcy processes and procedures.
Information Innovators Inc. Port San Antonio, TX Dec 2011-Jul 2013
- Developed just-in-time training for special projects, including documentation management and configuration training for technicians and leadership
- Team Lead for a group of technical Subject Matter Experts responsible for gathering information, documenting, and verifying technical and customer service procedures for the Air Force’s consolidated Enterprise Service Desk. Assigned, tracked, and reviewed team documents, exceeding stated goals each week. Sharepoint used as a primary tool for tracking and version control.
- Designed several template formats for Operating Instructions, Technical Orders, and Local Job Guides. As well as designing a template for documents on a self-help web site which will be available to all on the Air Force network.
- Assisted in business process re-engineering efforts to define and document ESD technician roles, duties, and technical procedures, de-conflicting business processes across organizational roles. Documentation created using MS Word and Visio.
NewTek, Inc. San Antonio, TX Oct 2004-May 2011
3D Technical Writer
- Developed training for Technical Support and Customer Service teams when new software was going to be released.
- Provided training for reseller distribution channel in 3D animation software
B.A. Texas A&M University, 2000, Journalism
M.S. Walden University, (expected completion June 2015), Instructional Design and Technology
Walden University Courses
EDUC 6105 Organizations, Innovation, & Change
EDUC 6115 Learning Theories and Instruction
EIDT 6100 Instructional Design
EIDT 6110 Advanced Instructional Design
EIDT 6120 Multimedia Design and Development
EDUC 6125 Foundations of Research
EDUC 6135 Distance Learning
EDUC 6145 Project Management in Education & Training
EIDT 6130 Program Evaluation
EIDT 6510 Online Instructional Strategies
EIDT 6511 Assessments in Online Environments
GDC Technics, direct employee (2014-present)
Course Developer/Technical Instructor
GDC Technics, contract through L.K. Jordan (September-December 2014)
GE Oil & Gas, contract through Addeco (2014)
Wells Fargo, contract through (2013)
Business Process Analyst/Technical Writer
Information Innovators Inc. Port San Antonio, TX (2011-2013)
NewTek, Inc., San Antonio, TX (2001-2011)
3D Technical Writer, Technical Analyst, Customer Service Specialist
Walt Disney Company, Walt Disney World College Program, Lake Buena Vista, FL (2000, 1998, 1997)
Vacation Planner, Attractions Host, Food & Beverage Host